1. This week, I am most struck by God’s hand on our lives, grateful that even when our story is not the path we would have ever chosen, he is clearly involved and moving in ways we could never orchestrate ourselves (see Exciting News for more).
2. Last Friday we shared a meal with our friends, the Robecks, who prepared amazing homemade Mexican food, along with some Valentine’s fun. It was wonderful! But more than anything, we are grateful for the love, support, and compassion they have shown our family. Truly a blessing!
3. I am grateful for friends who lets us crash their pad for community TV viewing (24 and Survivor). Thanks Carpenters and Bobars!
4. Drake had the day off on Monday and I loved the time the three of us spent together at Balboa Island – playing in the sand and water while hunting for crabs (in February!). I caught myself trying to breathe deeply of the joy.
5. I am incredibly grateful for my sister-in-law, Danielle. As we chatted on the phone a couple times this week, I found myself overflowing with gratitude for her authenticity, her insight, her passion, and her love. I was especially brought to tears over her love for Judson, her nephew. She is a gem and I am blessed that Drake has such a cool sister!
6. Spent some time yesterday at the local Nature Center and watched Jessie and her friend Isaac play in a spot where I remember Judson frolicking about. My heart swelled with gratitude for my many sweet memories with Jud and that I am being given the gift to make more sweet memories with my Jessie-Girl.
7. I am thankful that Drake has the opportunity to preach at our home church this Sunday.
8. As I have watched my black eye slowly heal this last week, I am so grateful for the way God made our bodies to mend. Amazing!