It has been far too long since I last wrote about our joys with Jessie. Since our most recent post, our little ladybug has gotten her first haircut, graduated to a “big girl” bed, and is fully potty trained. It is as though she grew from a toddler into a little girl overnight!
Though I haven’t posted in awhile, I have still been writing down some of my favorite Jessie-isms and stories. Enjoy!
1) Jessie was talking on the phone with my mom the day before we took down our Christmas tree and this is what I heard, word-for-word, on her end of the conversation: “I have a Christmas tree, Grammy. One is Judson’s and one is mine. I have ornaments on this one and that one. I have a fish. He is sitting in a bucket. It’s downstairs on the Christmas tree down there.” Then she held up the phone toward the Christmas tree downstairs and said, “I look at the Christmas tree for you!”
2) Jessie came home from spending time with her cousin Ella and started dancing, then declared, “Check out my moomers!” I think she didn’t quite understand that her cousin was saying, “Check out my moves!”
3) Jessie was supposed to be taking her nap at her grandma and grandpa-papa’s house. Her grandpa-papa went into her room and told her she needed to go to sleep and then proceeded to leave. Jessie commanded, “I’d like to continue this conversation!”
4) I was wrapping some gifts and hadn’t realized that Jessie had gotten hold of some of the celophane wrapping and had wrapped herself in it. She walked into the room and exclaimed, “Look at me! I’m a gift!”
5) “I want to share this tangerine with Judson!”
6) “Everyday mommy gives me a teenie tiny sip of her caffeine!”
7) Since we go to the local Starbucks several times a week, we have gotten to know some of the regulars. A couple weeks ago one of the semi-regulars introduced himself to us. Then last week we saw him again. Unfortunately, I could not remember his name, so I asked Jessie if she remembered. “Jay,” she replied enthusiastically. Sure enough, his name was Jay!
8) “Can we go to America’s Cup Yogurt? It’s kind of really good!”