A peek into my Mother’s Day or what I like to call Women’s Day:
And on this Women’s Day I’d like to give a special shout of love and appreciation to:
- My friend who remains single while longing to be married and start a family.
- My friend who is past child-bearing age and was never given the opportunity to be a mother.
- My friend who has had multiple miscarriages and is losing hope for bearing a child.
- My friend who was recently told she is infertile and cannot have children.
- My friend who grew up without her mother because she died at a young age.
- My friends who have lost their mothers in adulthood.
- My friends who grieve daily the choices of their adult children.
- My many friends whose children have severe disabilities and they fear for their lives every day.
- The many mothers like me who have lost a child and must learn to live with the pain of their child’s absence.
- Anyone else reading this who feels pain, loss, or longing on Mother’s Day!