Periodically on Facebook there are fun “games” that make the rounds and right now people are posting 25 random facts about themselves. I posted mine on Facebook last night and also thought I’d post them here. So here’s a peek into the “miscellaneous drawer” of my life:
1. I still have a baby tooth and I’ve never had any cavities.
2. Our photographer did not show up at our wedding.
3. I was an on-scene reporter for a cable TV show called “Previews and Reviews”.
4. I have three tattoos…a duck (in honor of Drake whose name means “young male duck”), a ladybug (in honor of my ladybug Jessie), and “Judson” on my wrist (Isaiah 49:16).
5. I like reality TV, though I don’t watch much TV anymore.
6. I hate iceburg lettuce. Give me some good leafy greens!
7. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
8. I was student body president of my high school and I married the student body president of my college (he was also student body president of his middle school—whoa! that’s big time!).
9. I know all the words to the book “Mr. Brown Can Moo”.
10. I was a hair model at a national hair convention my first year in college.
11. As a young girl who watched “CHiPs” I always had a crush on John but it seemed everyone else liked Ponch.
12. I have been a contestant on Family Feud and Shop ‘Til You Drop.
13. Drake did not tell me he loved me until the day he proposed. And vice versa.
14. I won a national contest for Dreyer’s ice cream to create a new flavor. It was called “Nutty Chai Cream”; it had chai latte ice cream with chocolate covered hazelnuts. We were flown to San Francisco for quite a fun trip and got to taste the ice cream.
15. I lived on a college campus for 9 straight years. Yikes! As a student and then as a Resident Director for 5 1/2 years. That’s a lot of cafeteria food!!!!
16. When I was growing up I used to sneak my cat Chloe into my room to sleep with me (she was supposed to always stay outdoors).
17. I know all the two letter words for Scrabble.
18. I have lived in Southern California all my life. (I know what you’re thinking—expand your horizons!)
19. I don’t like watching movies more than once.
20. I am not much of a homemaker…much to Drake’s chagrin.
21. My feet used to be my favorite feature until two of my toes started to curl. Drake used to tell me I should be a foot model. I don’t hear that from him anymore—what a bad husband! 😎
22. I would not hesitate for one second if given the opportunity to sky-dive, bungee jump, or do some other exhilarating and adventuresome activity.
23. I was a tom-boy growing up. I played soccer, softball, basketball, and bowled (does that count as a sport?). Drake and I had our first “date” shooting hoops together. It’s a good thing I didn’t win at “H-O-R-S-E”—that might have been our one and only date!
24. I was extremely fearful of having a little girl. Now my “little girl” is my “joy in the morning” every morning (even if she does like princess stuff)!
25. Before Judson was born, I used to call him my “button”. I continue to cry regularly over losing my “button”.